Saturday, August 25, 2012

Suchin and Sasha in hanky dresses

These dolls are beautifully painted. They are hand-painted Suchin (12 inches) and Sasha (6 inches) by Helen Kish, one of my favorite doll artists. They're just pretty! I admire them daily. I made Suchin's dress from a vintage hanky with instructions provided by Sissy Lingle (she has the directions for sale, send me a message if you need her contact info). Sasha's dress is my own design, also from a vintage hanky. I made it several years ago for Ellery Kish. Sasha is the same size as Ellery and I'm so glad Helen made her. I was waiting for years for more friends for Ellery, and it's great that Helen is offering these six inch all-vinyl babies as companions for her 12 inch girls. They look great as dolls for the 12 inch girls but also can go live in Riley's World whenever I would like them to!  It's always a bit difficult to get good photographs on August afternoons.  The light is so golden.  It's lovely light but makes for yellow photos.

Suchin in strawberry hanky dress

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Beautiful girls and beautiful dresses! I love these dolls too.

Joanne@ Desertmountainbear said...

Beautiful dresses on both dolls. I love Kish dolls too, her faces are so soft and appealing.