Friday, January 01, 2010
A Year in Review and Outlook for Next Year
Another big accomplishment this year was adding the chickens to my household. Every time I reflect upon what my perfect life would involve, it involves more ethical sources of food and increased self-sufficiency. The chickens were a GREAT deal of work to start up this year, but I enjoy having them both for the previous mentioned reasons, but also because they're just plain funny and fun to be around. The ducks were not a planned addition, but they are pretty comical, too, and I'm glad we have them all. Somehow, I ended up with 11 chickens when I intended to have three or five, but hey, the more the merrier!
Things that have not gone as well this year: I haven't practiced the dulcimer as much as I would have liked, and I haven't done much artwork or crafting. I haven't had time to visit family ALL YEAR. This practice transition has been very time consuming and stressful.
I have, however, started on my dollhouse that sat for almost a full year as an unopened kit! It's going to be great and large and just what I always wanted.
So for this next year, I have a few goals:
1. Have a successful starting year for my new veterinary practice
2. Make time to craft lots of things and keep my etsy shop stocked.
3. Visit my family!
4. Paint my darn craft room! I intended to do this last year, but it never happened.
5. Work on my new dollhouse
6. Eat more vegan meals. I'm uncomfortable with the lives that dairy cows have in this country, and as a vegetarian, a lot of the fat and calories in my diet come from eating milk products. I think that eating more fruits, veggies and grains will help me be healthier overall. I've gotten Vegan Lunch Box for Christmas so that will help with this goal.
7. Continue to play my dulcimer. Perhaps get a new music book because I am bored with the few I have.
So Happy New Year and I'm hoping we're off to a good start!