Sunday, October 04, 2009

April Cottage Beginnings


I have this fabulous vision for my April Cottage by Dolls House Emporium. It's going to be a turn-of-the century (1900) cottage in Britain inhabited by a country veterinarian and his family: a wife, baby boy and little girl. The cottage was built in 1600 and was recently redone when said country veterinarian married his wife and started his family. Doesn't look like much yet, does it? It's lying on its side in the above photo. It will eventually have "stone" on the outside and a cute front door. I'm planning to electrify it, a plan made easier by the fact that the kit comes with all the holes pre-drilled and a plan available in the back of the instruction book. There's lots more to do yet, but I will try to periodically photograph the progress.

1 comment:

Simon said...

Hi Elizabeth
I have just found your blog. Im planning on buying the April Cottage kit so am very pleased to find you have already started one.
I'm going to put the kettle on and start reading...
Lookig forward to seeing how you get on
Simon