Saturday, July 18, 2009

Seattle in Summer

I was a tourist for most of last week. I went to the American Veterinary Medical Association's annual convention that was hosted in Seattle. We had a GREAT time. The parts I enjoyed the most were the food, Pike's Place, walking all over, and the Asian bookstore Kinokuniya. There's little me in the middle of the craft book section. I bought a bunch of books and I'll share those later.


This photo was taken at Pioneer Square, which was a unique district. There was a great antiques store that we muddled around in for a while.

We walked to Seattle Center and saw the Space Needle. We didn't go up, though--the line was ridiculous.

This is the fountain in Seattle Center. It was hot and sunny that day and those kids were having a GREAT time!

On one of our last days, we went to Viretta Park, where there's a memorial of sorts to Kurt Cobain. It's hard to believe it's been 15 years since he died. Here's his bench.


I'm glad we went. It was very restful and such a crafty sort of city. I hope to go back again sometime.

1 comment:

Susan said...

sounds like a really great trip!