Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Perfect Afternoon

Today is 70 degrees, beautifully sunny, and there's a nice breeze swooshing in the trees. As it's Thursday, it's my day off, and I made my first bento lunch in the box I ordered a few months ago. There are slices of rolled up egg pancake with a tasty sauce, cheese cut into heart shapes, carrots and cucumbers, and the bottom layer has rice and some cherries. It was most delicious!


After lunch, I took advantage of the sun on the back deck to embroider for a while. I worked on the embroidery for my new nephew's quilt. He's due to arrive in a few weeks, so I need to get it done SOON! One more block left (the rocking horse).


While I was embroidering, I noticed a bandito sneaking up in the bushes to see if he could find something tasty beneath the bird feeder. Sorry about the blurred photo--he was far away. I scared him off after the picture--he's not supposed to be out at 1:30 in the afternoon!

No comments: