Thursday, May 22, 2008

Cute Babies

A few weeks ago, I noticed that Mr. and Mrs. Cardinal were very busy entering and exiting a bush at the corner of the house by the living room window. When they were on the other side of the house at the bird feeder, I took a peek and saw three brown-speckled creamy-colored eggs. I was careful not to open that window or disturb them, and today I heard a tremendous amount of peeping and tweeting from that area, so I looked out the window and this is what I saw! Two chicks, fluttering awkwardly from bush to bush, with two frantic parents trying to get them to behave. The parents are feeding them as they bumble about, and I got this rather blurry shot through the window screen. It's cold and raining today, but they don't seem to mind at all.

Last week, I noticed something in the grass behind the deck. It was this tiny baby bunny with two adult bunnies eating grass. He (or his friends) keep coming out every night after 5 or 6 PM and munching the grass by my kitchen window. It's hard to get a photo of him because he won't hold still, but he's too cute for words.








This is either his Mama or Papa; I'm not sure, but she or he sometimes is out with the baby, although I think Baby is pretty much on his own now.

These are just a few of the reasons that I love living where I do.

No comments: