Thursday, January 03, 2008
Happy New Year
Today I am feeling refreshed! It's a bright, sunny day outside and it's only 7 degrees F, as we are in the middle of a COLD snap. Toby enjoys bounding through the drifts, but his feet freeze and he holds them up pathetically. This morning, he had to wear his sweater and booties, as it was -8 outside. He does a most interesting shimmy with his booties on--he thinks he can't use his feet correctly!
He's headed back to the house in this picture, and he doesn't have on his fun outerwear because we only ran outside for a minute for a photo op!
Since it's a new, clean year, in the spirit of New Year's Resolutions, here are a few of mine (this is a work in progress):
1. Be sure to remember my seven habits, especially BE PROACTIVE! I have a bad habit of procrastinating, which is always worse in the fall and winter, when I naturally have less energy due to the shorter days.
2. Spend more time traveling this year and visiting family, especially.
3. Always make time for crafting something, anything, at least once a week.
4. Play my dulcimer at least twice a week.
5. Draw, watercolor or pastel something at least quarterly.
6. Cut down on the number of grocery bags we use this year. Try this instead.
7. Buy handmade or make most gifts this year.