Friday, June 10, 2011

Ahh...summer at last!

Willa relaxing by elizabeth's*whimsies
Willa relaxing, a photo by elizabeth's*whimsies on Flickr.
Willa is relaxing in the morning sunshine after picking a little wildflower for her hair. I made the dress from a pattern I drafted myself to fit her. The hem is embroidered with chicken-scratch embroidery, which looks so pretty but is very time consuming to do. I made it through nine episodes of Lost while working on this embroidery!

Here is a close up, just because she is so beautifully painted.  Lana is painting me another Little Darling, I'm happy to say!  She does such beautiful work!

Willa in summer sunshine
And another photo just because.

Willa's new dress

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

She is beautiful! I have long admired these special dolls. Maybe one day I'll have one of my own. :o)

Ann said...

The chicken scratch really makes this dress special, very pretty!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks, Bama and Ann. Ann, the chicken scratch is pretty easy to do, but is just a bit time consuming. It's a form of embroidery that is also called "Depression Lace" because ladies during the Great Depression used it to adorn their gingham clothing.